Security of our customers' personal information is very important to CMS. We employ extensive security measures to thoroughly protect your transactions with us. Except as set forth herein, we restrict access to your non-public personal information to our employees who have a need to know that information in order to provide products and services to you. We also maintain, and require third parties with which we share your non-public personal information (as provided herein) to maintain, physical and procedural safeguards to guard your non-public personal information.
In order to provide mortgage loans and other financial products to you, we collect information from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us on applications or other forms, such as name, address, social security number, income, assets, etc.;
- Information we receive from an outside company, such as credit bureau or employment verification vendors;
- Information about your transactions or experience with us, such as property value appraisals, your payment history with us, etc.
Information We Collect While You Browse Our Website
We do not access information about your identity while you browse our website. You remain anonymous to us. While you view our site, our system tracks the pages you visit, the pages you download, the site you came from, and notes your IP address (but not your identity). We may also place a "cookie" on your computer that tracks your use of our website. A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on your hard drive. It takes up very little room on your system and helps us estimate the number of persons that use our site and determine the areas of our site that are the most popular. The cookie does not provide us with specific, personally identifying information about you, such as your name, address, tax identification number, social security number, email address, or phone number. You can remain anonymous while you are browsing our website, but once you complete a registration and/or login to the system, we will use the information available. We may retain all of the information you provide to us, including personally identifying information such as your name, income, assets, liabilities, age, social security number, and employment.
Who We Disclose the Information To
We may disclose the information we collect, as stated above, to:
- Financial service providers, such as banks and investment companies, 3rd party loan servicers, or consumer credit companies.
- Voluntary organizations and non-financial companies, such as appraisers, escrow agents or title companies.
- Preferred providers under written joint marketing arrangements ("Preferred Providers") which are entered into to provide you with other products or services. In such cases, these joint marketing agreements will require these Preferred Providers to keep your personal information confidential and will prohibit the use of your personal information for any other purpose other than for the purpose disclosed when the product or service is offered. Categories of Preferred Providers with which we may share your personal information include: (i) financial service companies such as insurance companies, insurance agents or brokers, registered broker-dealers, mutual fund companies, banks, and credit card companies, and (ii) non-financial companies such as retailers, direct marketers and membership clubs.
- Government agencies or consumer reporting agencies for specific and limited purposes necessary to:
- Effect a transaction authorized or requested by you;
- Effect, administer or enforce a transaction;
- Protect against fraud;
- Make a report to a consumer reporting agency; or
- Comply with a legal investigation or regulatory requirement.
When Your Relationship With Us Ends
How You Can View and Change Your Personal Information
You can review the personally identifiable information we maintain on you and make any needed corrections to it by contacting us in writing at the address below.
Notice to New Mexico Residents
We will not share your personal data with anyone except our service providers and third parties as required or permitted by law. We may share transaction and experience information (such as your payment history) within the Carrington family of companies. We may also share your personal data with your authorization.
Notice to Vermont Residents
We will not share your personal data with anyone except our service providers and third parties as required or permitted by law. We may share transaction and experience information (such as your payment history) within the Carrington family of companies. We may also share your personal data with your consent or at your direction.
Contact and Right to Access and Correct Information
You may write to us at the address below with questions about your personal data. You may see and copy the data that we have about you in person. If you prefer, we will copy and send it to you. If you think the personal data that we have in our files is incomplete or incorrect, you may request that we complete or correct the disputed data. We will review your request. We will either make the change or explain why we did not do so. If we do not make the change, you may file a written statement of dispute with us. We will include the written dispute in future disclosures of that data. We will send the written dispute to anyone you ask who received your data from us in the past 2 years. To exercise these rights, please send us a written request. Please include your name, address, loan number, daytime phone number, and the data that you would like access to or that needs correction. We may charge a small fee to collect and send the data to you. To protect your personal data, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to respond to your request.
You may contact us by telephone at (800) 561-4567
Additional contact information is available here.
Last Updated: 08-SEPT-07